Hadoop >> mail # general >> [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop version 1.2.0 released

+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 07:32
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop version 1.2.0 released
It came to my attention yesterday (thanks, Arpit Gupta) that even though I
had gone through the process on Nexus to publish the release, the 1.2.0
artifacts were not in fact Released in Nexus.

I attempted to fix the issue yesterday afternoon, but it didn't work.  The
artifacts are still stuck in "Staging".  I will continue to work on it;
sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Regards,
--Matt
On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm happy to announce that on May 13, Hadoop version 1.2.0 passed its
> release vote.  It is now available in SVN and is in process of propagating
> to artifact mirrors.  It should be available on all mirrors by end of day
> Wednesday.
>
> This release delivers over 200 enhancements and bug-fixes, compared to the
> previous 1.1.2 release. Major enhancements include:
>
>    - DistCp v2 backported
>    - Web services for JobTracker
>    - WebHDFS enhancements
>    - Extensions of task placement and replica placement policy interfaces
>    - Offline Image Viewer backported
>    - Namenode more robust in case of edit log corruption
>    - Add NodeGroups level to NetworkTopology
>    - Add "unset" to Configuration API
>
>  Please see the Hadoop 1.2.0 Release Notes<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.0/releasenotes.html> for
> more details.
>
> This is a beta release.  I intend to start a stabilization release
> (version 1.2.1) in 3 weeks from now.
>
> All open Jira tickets with Target Version "1.2.0" that weren't yet closed,
> were moved to Target Version 1.3.0.  However, if you want something fixed
> in 1.2.1, you are encouraged to edit that ticket, change its Target Version
> to 1.2.1, and contribute a patch to branch-1.2.  Bug fixes are welcome in
> 1.2.1.  However, we ask that significant feature enhancements be
> contributed to branch-1 for the future version 1.3.0, instead.
>
> Thank you, and enjoy your new release.
> Best regards,
> --Matt
> (release manager, version 1.2)