Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Testing expired sessions bug?

Re: Testing expired sessions bug?
On Aug 21, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, it watches the bogus node but it also blocks until the second ZK instance successfully connects. I found that both of these things are necessary for reliable session killing.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help in Python. I've set the second ZK instance to wait up to 30 seconds for a connection, and it never gets anything other than a EXPIRED_SESSION_STATE during its connection attempts. The second ZK instance is completely unable to connect using the sessionid/password of the first client. The first client never gets booted during these attempts, thus my original note on a possible bug either in:
1. Zookeeper
2. Zookeeper C binding
3. Zookeeper Python C binding

If you can run your session killing code in a repeating test hundreds of times without the second ZK instance ever timing out on its connection attempts, it seems its probably a bug in 2 or 3.

Cheers,
Ben