HBase >> mail # user >> Controlling TableMapReduceUtil table split points

+
David Koch 2013-01-06, 12:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-06, 16:11
+
David Koch 2013-01-06, 16:37
Re: Controlling TableMapReduceUtil table split points
All right.
Hopefully the new schema would solve that problem.

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 8:37 AM, David Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Ted,
>
> Thank you for your response. I will take a look.
>
> With regards to the timeouts: I think changing the key design as outlined
> above would ameliorate the situation since each map call only requests a
> small amount of data as opposed to what could be a large chunk. I remember
> that simply doing a get on one of the large outlier rows (~500mb) brought
> down the region server involved.
>
> /David
>
> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > If events for one user are processed by a single mapper, I think you
> would

+
Dhaval Shah 2013-01-06, 17:29
+