HBase, mail # user - AsynchBase client holds stale dead region server for long time even after the META has already been update.

+
Tianying Chang 2013-01-25, 18:54
Re: AsynchBase client holds stale dead region server for long time even after the META has already been update.
Ted Yu 2013-01-25, 18:58
Tianying:
I moved user@ to Cc.

There is a google group for asynchbase.
Please subscribe to that group.

Can you clarify the version of asynchbase you're using ?

Cheers

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Tianying Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> One machine crashed in our cluster. After 3 minutes, the master detect it
> and re-assign the regions to other region servers. The regions are back
> online on other RS within one minute. But the asynchbase client still hold
> old dead regionserver for 50 minutes and cause data loss. We have to
> restart the AsynchBase client and that fixed the problem.
>
> It seems there is a bug in AsyncBase client code. Has anyone else seen
> this? If I want to open a bug for Asynchbase, should I use Hbase jira? or
> is there a dedicated one for Asynchbase? I seems cannot find dedicated
> AsynchBase jira.
>
> Thanks
> Tian-Ying

+