HBase, mail # user - Can a RegionObserver coprocessor increment counter of a row key that may not belong to the region ?

+
Amit Sela 2012-12-05, 12:35
+
Asaf Mesika 2012-12-05, 18:56
+
Amit Sela 2012-12-06, 07:28
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-06, 07:40
+
Amit Sela 2012-12-06, 08:05
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-06, 09:13
+
Amit Sela 2012-12-06, 13:42
+
Asaf Mesika 2012-12-07, 08:15
+
Toby Lazar 2012-12-06, 16:25
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-07, 07:57
Re: Can a RegionObserver coprocessor increment counter of a row key that may not belong to the region ?
Ted Yu 2012-12-05, 17:06
Are rows with domain as key stored in the same table ?

Normally this is not desirable since the domain count would go to
(potentially) another region server.

Cheers

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:35 AM, Amit Sela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have to count the occurrence of URLs in our system using the URL as row
> key and using Increment.
> I also want to count domains, so I was thinking of using RegionObserver
> coprocessor on postIncrement() and Increment using the domain as key.
>
> Will that work ? Is there a problem if the url key starts with 'www.' and
> the domain starts with 'aaaa' ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amit.