Hive, mail # user - How to terminate a running HIve Query? (Executed with JDBC, Hive Server 2)

Re: How to terminate a running HIve Query? (Executed with JDBC, Hive Server 2)
Stephen Sprague 2013-06-25, 17:44
Well... if the query created a MR job on your cluster then there's always:

1. use jobtracker to find your job id.
2. use hadoop job -kill <job_id>  to nuke it.

you're saying there's no way to interrupt/kill the query from the client?
That very well may be the case.