Hadoop >> mail # general >> Select Linux Distro for Hbase

Re: Select Linux Distro for Hbase
RedHat, or Centos is the best.
(Its the same thing... well sort of... ;-)

You can use other distros but YMMV and you need to make sure that you're not using the Open Source JDK but Sun's errr... I mean Oracle's JVM.
1.6x