Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page

Re: [VOTE] Shall we adopt the "Defining Hadoop" page
-1 if patches that have been committed to trunk are not permitted to
be applied to distributions that are still called "Apache Hadoop".
That's the rule we agreed on some time ago at Roy's suggestion.  Let's
first document the status quo, then, separately, discuss and vote on
changes to it.  Also, such a branding rule should probably be uniform
across Apache projects, not Hadoop-specific.

Doug