Avro >> mail # user >> Importing into Eclipse

+
Harsh J 2011-02-06, 16:06
+
Holger Hoffstätte 2011-02-06, 16:26
Re: Importing into Eclipse
Hello,

2011/2/6 Holger Hoffstätte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 06.02.2011 17:06, Harsh J wrote:
>> How do I ask it to generate Eclipse project files? I liked the
>
> Simply mvn eclipse:eclipse. That being said..
>
>> 'eclipse' or 'eclipse-files' target in the earlier Ant-based build
>> system of Avro which easily generated Eclipse project files. But when
>> I try "maven install; maven eclipse:eclipse" it fails for the tools
>> package (in the eclipse part, the install goes fine). I do not have
>> enough experience with Maven to know if it is a fault I'm doing or if
>> it is a fault with the build files related to maven. Any help with
>> creating eclipse project files for Avro's Java sub-project?
>
> ..it's not your fault, merely a bug in the particular version of the
> eclipse plugin declared in the pom.
>
> I posted the following to the dev list a few days ago:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg02145.html
>
> So a quick fix is to change the declared version of the plugin back to
> 2.7. Whether this behaviour is a "bug"/"oddity" in the avro build
> (referencing out-of-module resources) or the plugin is debatable, see the
> mentioned JIRA for more.
>
> hope this helps.

That did help a lot, thank you! I should've searched my archives for
typical keywords before mailing, so I'll also add an apology for that
too :-)

Thank you again Holger!

--
Harsh J