Hadoop >> mail # general >> LimitedPrivate and HBase

+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-06, 16:45
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-06-06, 17:00
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-06, 17:36
+
Stack 2011-06-06, 18:34
Re: LimitedPrivate and HBase

On Jun 6, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Stack wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Allen Wittenauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>        I have some concerns over the recent usage of LimitedPrivate being opened up to HBase.  Shouldn't HBase really be sticking to public APIs rather than poking through some holes?  If HBase needs an API, wouldn't other clients as well?
>>

> HBase uses public APIs.  A method we relied on went from protected to
> private.  Fixing this brought on the flagging of HttpServer with
> LimitedPrivate (HttpServer, the class flagged, is mostly internal to
> Hadoop but HBase, because, in part, of its subproject provenance,
> extends HttpServer providing its UI reusing Hadoop's log level, thread
> dumping, etc., servlets)

So, no, HBase does not actually use public APIs....
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-06-06, 23:22
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-06, 23:34