MapReduce >> mail # user >> Stopping a single Datanode

+
Terry Healy 2012-08-16, 19:11
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-08-16, 19:21
+
Harsh J 2012-08-16, 19:49
Re: Stopping a single Datanode
Thanks guys. I will need the decommission in a few weeks, but for now
just a simple system move. I found out the hard way not to have a
masters and slaves file in the conf directory of a slave: when I tried
bin/stop-all.sh, it stopped processes everywhere.

Gave me an idea to list it's own name as the only one in slaves, which
might work as expected then....but if I can just kill the process that
is even easier.
On 08/16/2012 03:49 PM, Harsh J wrote:
> Perhaps what you're looking for is the Decommission feature of HDFS,
> which lets you safely remove a DN without incurring replica loss? It
> is detailed in Hadoop: The Definitive Guide (2nd Edition), page 315 |
> Chapter 10: Administering Hadoop / Maintenance section - Title
> "Decommissioning old nodes", or at
> http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module2.html#decommission?
>
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 12:41 AM, Terry Healy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Sorry - this seems pretty basic, but I could not find a reference on
>> line or in my books. Is there a graceful way to stop a single datanode,
>> (for example to move the system to a new rack where it will be put back
>> on-line) or do you just whack the process ID and let HDFS clean up the
>> mess?
>>
>> Thanks

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-08-16, 21:07