From: Olga Natkovich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Next Pig release proposal

Hi,

Here is what I propose we do for the next Pig release:
(1)    Branch early next week - we have major features  and many bug fixes in and will be fixing remaining bugs on the branch

(2)    Publish the release by 11/15 - that will give us a couple of weeks to stabilize the branch and get last minute bug fixes in

(3)    Make this release a 1.0 release. Reasons to go for 1.0 and not 0.10

a.       This release has minimal number of features and was focused on code stabilization and bug fixes. We believe it will be a stable release

b.      It has no major interface changes

c.       Going from 0.10 to 1.0 would be very confusing

Comments?

Olga