HBase >> mail # user >> Disabled automated compaction - table still compacting

Re: Disabled automated compaction - table still compacting
Hello,

Thank you for your replies.

So, as suggested, I tweaked the following settings in Cloudera Manager:
hbase.hstore.compactionThreshold=10000
hbase.hstore.compaction.max - I did not touch, I tried setting it to "0"
but the minimum is 2

I can't see any compactions being launched but the job still crashes,
here's a sample of the logs (*)

Run out of memory; HRegionServer will abort itself immediately
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory

Failed open of
region=<table_name_removed>,\xF7\x98\x98~'\xD3E\x89\xA2\xDF\x10\xB4\x02K\xC2\x17,1373363234166.363473b8981db865db05c47ccdc45355.,
starting to roll back the global memstore size.
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.DroppedSnapshotException: region:

Anyway: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28234921.jpg

Should it be that hard to import a reasonable amount of data into a
default-configured cluster of 10 reasonably powerful machines? If you are
inclined to help, I'll gladly provide more in-depth information.

Thank you,

/David
(*) (I am browsing this from Cloudera Manager since I don't have shell
access to the nodes)