Pig, mail # dev - Question about loader and storer

+
Jeff Yuan 2013-02-22, 01:53
Re: Question about loader and storer
Johnny Zhang 2013-02-22, 02:03
Hi, Jeff Yuan:

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Jeff Yuan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to the pig community, and have a couple of questions
> regarding loader/storers.  Because I am writing code that closely
> couples with Pig, I thought I'd ask on the dev mailing list, but
> please let me know if this is more appropriate for the user list.
>
> 1) Is there a way to set the default pig loader as something other
> than PigStorage via configuration? What I mean is, by default if a
> loader is not specified, PigStorage is assumed. Can I change things so
> that if no loader is specified in the load statement, another custom
> loader is used?

I am not sure if there is another way, but you can edit "
pig.load.default.statements=" in pig.properties file. So in your Pig script
you don't have to write load statement, but Pig will always load it for you
(of course with the loader you specified)

> 2) Is there a way to output the entire query result to stdout? Is the
> easiest way to do so by writing a custom storer that doesn't actually
> store to a file but instead just output to stdout?

can you try 'DUMP' ?

> If no specific answer is available, advice on where in the pig code I
> should look to discover answers for myself would also be highly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Johnny