HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Re: About Hadoop Deb file
Jokingly I want to say the problem is that you selected Ubuntu (or any
other Debian based Linux) as your platform.

On a more serious note, if you are new to both Linux and Hadoop, you might
be much better off to select CentOS for your Linux as that is the base
development platform for most contributors.

Yes, I am very biased toward RPM based Linux Distributions.  YMMV. :)