HBase >> mail # dev >> Performances Tests

Performances Tests
Hi,

In HBase we already have PerformanceEvaluation which gives us a good
way to validate that nothing broke HBase speed in the recent updates.

I can see in the JIRAs many improvements coming, like for the lazy
seeks, the bloom filters, etc. however, there is no tests for those
improvements.

Will it not be good to ask people to add some new tests in
PerformanceEvaluation when they are introducing an improvement which
is not covered there?

We should not touch existing tests because we need to have a way to
compare the baseline between the different versions, but we can still
add some new. Like in addition to RandomSeekScanTest we can add
RandomSeekScanBloomEnabledTest and so on. And even better if we can
back port those new tests to previous version.

The same way we add a test class when we introduce a new feature,
should we add a performance test method to test it too?

JM
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-03-08, 14:05
+