Flume, mail # user - Flume -ng startup failed

+
Jagadish Bihani 2012-09-10, 14:26
Re: Flume -ng startup failed
Chris Neal 2012-09-10, 14:31
I ran in to this on Solaris, where it worked fine on Linux.  There's
something in the bash interpreter that doesn't like the regex.  The way I
got around it was to double quote the regex, like such:

"^java\.library\.path=(.*)$"

You'll have to do that in roughly 4 spots throughout the script.  That
cleared it up for me.  I'd love to hear of a better way to do that though :)

Chris

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Jagadish Bihani <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> My flume 1.2.0 setup is working fine on one machine.
> But when I ran it on another machine it gave me syntax error while starting
> agent :
> "bin/flume-ng: line 81: syntax error in conditional expression: unexpected
> token `('
> bin/flume-ng: line 81: syntax error near `^java\.library\.path=(.'
> bin/flume-ng: line 81: `      if [[ $line =~ ^java\.library\.path=(.*)$
> ]]; then' "
>
> I have set JAVA_HOME.
> I even vimdiffed flume-ng file with the one working fine. There was no
> difference.
> Has anyone come across such error?
>

> Regards,

+