Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch

+
Joey Echeverria 2013-07-26, 15:02
+
Eric Newton 2013-07-26, 15:25
+
Josh Elser 2013-07-26, 15:36
+
Keith Turner 2013-07-26, 15:45
+
Joey Echeverria 2013-07-26, 16:24
Re: Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Joey Echeverria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have both the unit tests and the full system test suite hooked up to a
> Jenkins build server.

If these patches are going to be included with 1.4.4 or 1.4.5, I would like
to see the following test run using CDH4 on at least a 5 node cluster.
 More nodes would be better.

  * unit test
  * Functional test
  * 24 hr Continuous ingest + verification
  * 24 hr Continuous ingest + verification + agitation
  * 24 hr Random walk
  * 24 hr Random walk + agitation

I may be able to assist with this, but I can not make any promises.

> There are still a couple of tests that fail periodically with the full
> system test due to timeouts. We're working on those which is why our
> current release is just a beta.
>
> There are no API changes or Accumulo behavior changes. You can use
> unmodified 1.4.x clients with our release of the server daemons.

Great.  I think this would be a good patch for 1.4.   I assume that if a
user stays with Hadoop 1 there are no dependency changes?

> -Joey
>

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Joey Echeverria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Cloudera announced last night our support for Accumulo 1.4.3 on CDH4:
> > >
> > > http://www.slideshare.net/JoeyEcheverria/apache-accumulo-and-cloudera
> > >
> > > This required back porting about 11 patches in whole or in part from
> the
> > > 1.5 line on top of 1.4.3. Our release is still in a semi-private beta,
> > but
> > > when it's fully public it will be downloadable along with all of the
> > extra
> > > patches that we committed.
> > >
> > > My question is if the community would be interested in us pulling those
> > > back ports upstream?
> > >

> > What testing has been done?  It would be nice to run accumulo's full test
> > suite against 1.4.3+CDH4.
> >
> > Are there any Accumulo API changes or Accumulo behavior changes?
> >

> > > I believe this would violate the previously agreed upon rule of no
> > feature
> > > back ports to 1.4.3, depending on how we "label" support for Hadoop
> 2.0.
> >

> > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > > -Joey
> > >

> --