Chukwa, mail # user - Chukwa with Hbase

Re: Chukwa with Hbase
Ahmed Fathalla 2011-11-29, 08:44
No, your question is valuable.

Actually, you need to checkout the trunk code using subversion (a version
control software package).  Here's the URL for trunk which you provide to
Subversion

 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chukwa/trunk/

After that you can compile the code using these steps from the quick start
guide

Compiling and installing Chukwa

   1.

   To compile Chukwa, just type 'mvn clean package
-DskipTests<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/DskipTests>
-DHADOOP_CONF_DIR=/path/to/$HADOOP_CONF_DIR
   -DHBASE_CONF_DIR=/path/to/$HBASE_CONF_DIR' in the project root directory.
   2. Extract the compiled tar file from target/chukwa-0.x.y.tar.gz to the
   Chukwa root directory.

 Of course you should have subversion (svn) and maven(mvn) installed on
your development environment.

I strongly recommend you attempt to build Chukwa on Linux or MacOS
machines. Trying to build it on Windows (even with Cygwin) will probably be
a frustrating activity.

--
Ahmed Fathalla