Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hbase  with Hadoop

+
Jignesh Patel 2011-10-11, 21:11
+
Matt Foley 2011-10-12, 00:13
+
jigneshmpatel 2011-10-12, 03:29
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2011-10-12, 04:54
+
Vinod Gupta Tankala 2011-10-12, 15:58
+
Jignesh Patel 2011-10-12, 16:26
+
Vinod Gupta Tankala 2011-10-12, 16:31
+
Jignesh Patel 2011-10-12, 18:39
+
Jignesh Patel 2011-10-12, 19:19
+
Jignesh Patel 2011-10-12, 20:47
+
Matt Foley 2011-10-12, 23:50
+
Ramya Sunil 2011-10-13, 03:51
+
giridharan kesavan 2011-10-13, 06:02
+
Jignesh Patel 2011-10-13, 16:34
+
jigneshmpatel 2011-10-13, 15:30
+
jigneshmpatel 2011-10-13, 15:50
+
Harsh J 2011-10-13, 17:32
+
Matt Foley 2011-10-13, 17:33
+
Ramya Sunil 2011-10-13, 17:34
+
Jignesh Patel 2011-10-13, 19:01
Re: Hbase with Hadoop
Jignesh,

I dont see zookeeper running on your master. My cluster reads the following:

$ jps
15315 Jps
13590 HMaster
15235 HQuorumPeer

Can you please shutdown your Hmaster and run the following first:
$ hbase-daemon.sh start zookeeper

And then start your hbasemaster and regionservers?

Thanks
Ramya

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Jignesh Patel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ok --config worked but it is showing me same error. How to resolve this.
>
> http://pastebin.com/UyRBA7vX
>
> On Oct 13, 2011, at 1:34 PM, Ramya Sunil wrote:
>
> > Hi Jignesh,
> >
> > "--config" (i.e. - - config) is the option to use and not "-config".
> > Alternatively you can also set HBASE_CONF_DIR.
> >
> > Below is the exact command line:
> >
> > $ hbase --config /home/ramya/hbase/conf shell
> > hbase(main):001:0> create 'newtable','family'
> > 0 row(s) in 0.5140 seconds
> >
> > hbase(main):002:0> list 'newtable'
> > TABLE
> > newtable
> > 1 row(s) in 0.0120 seconds
> >
> > OR
> >
> > $ export HBASE_CONF_DIR=/home/ramya/hbase/conf
> > $ hbase shell
> >
> > hbase(main):001:0> list 'newtable'
> > TABLE
> >
> > newtable
> >
> > 1 row(s) in 0.3860 seconds
> >

> > Thanks
> > Ramya
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 8:30 AM, jigneshmpatel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> There is no command like -config see below
> >>
> >> Jignesh-MacBookPro:hadoop-hbase hadoop-user$ bin/hbase -config ./config
> >> shell
> >> Unrecognized option: -config
> >> Could not create the Java virtual machine.
> >>
> >> --

Jignesh Patel 2011-10-13, 19:37
+
Ramya Sunil 2011-10-13, 20:53