Flume >> mail # dev >> Moving Apache Flume to Java 7

+
Israel Ekpo 2013-04-15, 03:08
Re: Moving Apache Flume to Java 7
Hi Israel,
Many users continue to deploy Flume on Java 6. If people want to run Flume against Java 7, it will work, but we cannot drop support for compiling/running with Java 6.

Regards,
Mike

On Apr 14, 2013, at 8:08 PM, Israel Ekpo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Developers,
>
> I was reading the following excerpt from the Oracle website a couple of
> days ago and I was wondering when the project plans to move to Java 7.
>
> In the POM, the maven compiler plugin is set to Java 6.
>
> For the 1.4 release, it would be nice for us to move to the latest version
> of Java that will continue to have security updates.
>
> After February 2013, Oracle will no longer post updates of Java SE 6 to its
> public download sites. All Java 6 releases up to and including 6u43 will be
> moved to the Java Archive on the Oracle Technology Network, where they will
> remain available but not receive updates. Oracle recommends that users
> migrate to Java 7 in order to continue receiving public updates and
> security enhancements.
>
> References
> http://java.com/en/download/faq/java_6.xml
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html