HBase, mail # dev - reason to do major compaction after split

+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-03-07, 18:50
+
Stack 2013-03-07, 18:58
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-07, 19:03
+
Sergey Shelukhin 2013-03-07, 20:58
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-07, 21:14
Re: reason to do major compaction after split
Stack 2013-03-07, 22:13
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We do not have to created references to references. We can find the
> original file, and directly create a ref at the grand daughters. The messy
> part, is in the cleanup for parent region, where we have to recursively
> search for all successors to decide whether we can delete this region, and
> delete the hfile.

Yes.  That is a few trips to the NN listing directory contents and then
some edits/reading of .META.  We would have to introduce a QuarterHFile to
go with our HalfHFile (or rename HalfHFile as PieceO'HFile).
St.Ack
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-03-07, 22:28
+