Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Developing cross-component patches post-split

Re: Developing cross-component patches post-split
Giridharan Kesavan wrote:
> I agree with you on this;
> We have some common places on people server
> people.apache.org/repo and people.apache.org/repository but I've not seen any ivy artifacts being published there.

Writing things there causes them to be published to repo{1,2}.maven.org.

http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html

For example, I copied the Avro release files to:

/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/hadoop/avro

and 24 hours later they are at:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hadoop/avro/
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hadoop/avro/

where they can be used as Maven and Ivy dependencies and found by Maven
search engines:

http://www.mavensearch.net/search?q=avro

FWIW, I used Ivy's makepom Ant task and Ant's checksum Task to create
these files, then ran gpg manaually to sign them, as with normal Apache
releases, then used scp to post them to people.apache.org.  I created
the maven-metadata.xml files by hand, although I'm not sure they're
required.  YMMV.

I have not used the snapshot repositories, but they should behave similarly.

Doug