Hadoop >> mail # user >> HDFS block storage

Re: HDFS block storage
1) Right now, I would say jira and code.
2) It is not really a flat storage. It 'folds' itself when needed.
3) At least checksums. There are jiras about whether it should be somehow
in the block itself.

A beginning : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1134
A (dead?) discussion : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2699

Regards