Avro >> mail # user >> imports and avpr files

Re: imports and avpr files
On 02/16/2012 06:41 PM, Jeremy Lewi wrote:
> I'm not using a parser. I'm just using the avro compiler to generate
> source files which I use in my code (I'm running mapreduce jobs whose
> inputs/outputs are avro files).

I think this is possible since AVRO-877 (in release 1.5.3).  One can
specify multiple protocols on the compiler command line and types from
prior protocols are available in subsequent protocols.  For example:

java -jar avro-tools.jar compile protocol foo.avpr bar.avpr target/java

Would that work?

Doug