Hadoop >> mail # user >> RE: Hadoop V/S Cassandra

+
yogesh dhari 2012-12-06, 17:30
Hadoop V/S Cassandra

Hi all,

Hadoop have different file system(HDFS) and Cassandra have different file system(CFS).

As Hadoop have great Eco-System (Hive{Dataware House}, Hbase{Data Base} n etc..) and Cassandra(Database) it self providing its own file system

Although  we can run Hadoop's Ecosystem on Cassandra (If I am right ? {like pig and hive})

Hadoop have single point of Failure but Cassandra doesn't..

Please put some light on both of these where Hadoop overtakes Cassandra an where Cassandra.

And in which use cases we go for any them.
Thanks & Regards
Yogesh Kumar