HDFS >> mail # user >> Data block placement in HDFS

Re: Data block placement in HDFS
I think this deals more with our messed up version numbering then anything.  Hadoop-1.0 is not a release that is derived from Hadoop 0.21 or 0.22, it comes from the 0.20 line.  Hadoop-2.0 is what comes from v0.21 and 0.22. So Hadoop-2 is going to have this, but Hadoop-1 will not.

--Bobby Evans

From: Zheng Da <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Data block placement in HDFS

Hello,

It's interesting to see HDFS provided an interface BlockPlacementPolicy for users to define their own data placement policy in Hadoop v0.21, v0.22, and I think it's very useful for some applications. However, I can't find this interface in the latest stable version of Hadoop v1.0. Is the interface replaced by something else or abandoned completely? If it's abandoned, could anyone tell me why?

Thanks,
Da