Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2

+
Matt Foley 2011-12-08, 19:57
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 22:47
+
Matt Foley 2011-12-09, 23:26
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-12-09, 23:57
Re: [VOTE] Hadoop-1.0.0 release candidate 2
Roman, the 1.0.0-rc2 is built from branch-1.0@1211738, which contains
c1207581.
Is the problem consistently reproducible in 1.0.0-rc2?  Perhaps you're
seeing
some intermittent behavior?

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi Roman,
> > regarding MAPREDUCE-3319 I'm confused too.  Your comment in the bug as
> > of 28/Nov/11 21:49 seems to indicate that it is fixed, but clearly it
> wasn't
> > fixed the same way as Subroto's patch (which came in on Dec 6).
>
> What is the tag corresponding to this RC?  The svn rev. where I couldn't
> reproduce it is this: branch-1.0@1207581 not sure how it relates to the
> rev
> from which the RC was cut. That's why I asked this question on a JIRA:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3319?focusedCommentId=13158818&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13158818
>
> > Anyway, I reviewed and committed Subroto's patch to branch-1.  If there
> is a
> > need to regenerate the RC for 1.0.0, I'll merge it to branch-1.0, but I
> hope
> > no one will think this is serious enough to be a cause to regenerate the
> RC
> > just for this patch.
>
> It would be sad to see 1.0 with a bundled example that doesn't work out of
> the box because of a trivial problem. There's only been one day of RC
> out there and the fix seems very low risk. Given that, perhaps the
> trade-off of wasting one day of potential testing of RC by a community
> can be considered.
>
> I can offer any help with regenerating the RC with patch applied that you
> might need.
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+