HBase >> mail # user >> large machine configuration

Re: large machine configuration
most of the operations I do with MR are exporting tables and importing
tables. Does that still require a lot of memory and does it help to
allocate more memory for jobs like that?

Yes, I have 12 cores also. Are there any HDFS/MR/Hbase tuning tips for this
many processors?

btw, 64GB is a lot for us :-)