Zookeeper, mail # user - Clarification regarding maxClientCnxns parameter

Re: Clarification regarding maxClientCnxns parameter
Richards Peter 2013-05-29, 12:31
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

I will try to describe my setting in very simple terms. Assume that I have
n machines running m number of JVMs each. Each JVM would connect to
zookeeper cluster(having 3 servers currently) to maintain some state
information. In this case would you recommend me to restrict maxClientCnxns
to m?

Initially I was thinking that zookeeper cluster is keeping a kind of state
replica in all the machines. But when I read about the description of
maxClientCnxns, I felt that it is not replica which is stored in zookeeper.
Each client connection could go to a different zookeeper server. So I
wanted to confirm whether the clients would connect in a load balanced
fashion.

Since clients connect randomly to any server, would it lead to increased
loads on some servers than the others?

Thanks,
Richards.