Hive, mail # user - LIKE Statement

Re: LIKE Statement
Keith Wiley 2012-05-14, 20:36
On Apr 4, 2012, at 06:40 , John Omernik wrote:

> I think the like statement should be changed to be case-insensitive to match it's function in other DBMS  Thoughts?

Out of curiosity, was there any activity on this issue?  I see John's original post in the archives (~5wks ago) with no followups.  I'm generally curious about HiveQL's similarities and differences w.r.t. other SQL environments, so questions like this are of interest to me as well.

Cheers!

sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                           --  Galileo Galilei