HBase >> mail # user >> PROD/DR - Replication

Re: PROD/DR - Replication
Ha - that's what I get for trying to answer list emails from my phone. :)

Ian

On Dec 7, 2012, at 1:58 PM, sriraam h wrote:

Thanks Ian. I DID miss the point. The person who started the chain is a different person :)

- Sri

________________________________
From: Ian Varley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Sent: Saturday, 8 December 2012, 1:21
Subject: Re: PROD/DR - Replication

Yes, I think so. A single HBase cluster can't (or, at least, really shouldn't) span multiple data centers; the strong consistency you refer to is only available within a cluster.

But the replication you were referring to in your initial email is cross-data center, between two or more clusters. That's where you can't get strong consistency.

Ian