Accumulo >> mail # dev >> 1.4 merged to 1.5 -- Review request

Re: 1.4 merged to 1.5 -- Review request

On 07/23/2013 10:15 PM, Christopher wrote:
> There's a difference between 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT and
> 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT-1.4.4-SNAPSHOT-merged in .gitignore and in
> server/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/server/trace/TraceServer.java
Yeah, these are the *actual* changes I made for 1603.
> The additions to the .gitignore file are redundant and shouldn't be
> there. I'm not sure which is "correct" for the TraceServer code, but
> it seems odd that this change is there (unless you introduced it to
> test us!). I also made an additional commit to 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT that
> should merge relatively cleanly to the merged branch, but I didn't
> push it to your merged branch, if you wanted to pick that one up as
> well.
Really? They weren't in 1.4. I thought I searched before re-adding them
in 1.5. I'll verify, fix and push.

> Aside from that, it looks okay to me. Are the duplicated commits going
> to be a problem, or just a minor inconvenience? I'm not too worried
> about that, so long as the full history is there.
Inconvenience. There's no way to work around it that I know of (and it
likely won't really matter in the big scope of things)
> I'm a tiny bit worried that some things were fixed in the 1.4 branch
> in svn that never got merged forward, but I'm not concerned enough to
> do the deep dive and check every commit.
I thought you had said previously that you had done that merge. I guess
I made that up. I'm running said 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT locally without issue
too. I imagine we can just merge this tmrw as no one will be enumerating
every commit (IMO, I don't think there's a need).