HBase >> mail # user >> Reg:delete performance on HBase table

Re: Reg:delete performance on HBase table
Hi Manoj,

Delete in HBase is like a put.

If you want to delete the entire table (drop) then it will be very
fast. My test table has 100M rows and it's taking few seconds to
delete (one CF and one C only). But if you want to delete the rows one
by one (like 190M rows out of more) then it's like doing 190M puts.

HTH.

JM