HBase >> mail # dev >> HFilePerformanceEvaluation: Nothing follows logic

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-27, 12:32
+
Ted 2013-02-27, 12:38
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-27, 12:40
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-27, 13:18
+
Ted 2013-02-27, 13:43
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-27, 13:50
Re: HFilePerformanceEvaluation: Nothing follows logic
Ok. I have done some tests.

And never came above a 0.0001% difference between the number of calls
expected to be done vs the number of calls really done.

So I don't think we need to worry about that and simply return when
scanner.next returns false.

JM

2013/2/27 Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> I will modify the patch to go with the 3rd option instead of the 2nd one.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/27 Ted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Thanks for your quick action.
>>
>> I think the third option is better - we get performance comparison without repeating the test.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> On Feb 27, 2013, at 5:18 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Just opened HBASE-7953. Can you please take a look at it?
>>>
>>> There was 3 ways to fix that.
>>>
>>> 1) Simply exit the loop when scanner.next() return false
>>> 2) Exit the loop and restart the test