HBase >> mail # user >> schema design: rows vs wide columns

+
shawn du 2013-04-07, 08:03
+
Ted 2013-04-07, 18:58
+
Stack 2013-04-07, 22:04
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-07, 22:27
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-07, 22:52
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-04-07, 23:51
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-04-08, 03:59
+
lars hofhansl 2013-04-08, 04:39
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-04-08, 04:51
+
Doug Meil 2013-04-08, 14:21
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-16, 14:02
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-16, 14:04
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-16, 14:08
+
Michael Segel 2013-04-16, 14:35
+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-04-28, 15:23
Re: schema design: rows vs wide columns
On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#number.of.cfs :
>
> HBase currently does not do well with anything above two or three column
> families so keep the number of column families in your schema low.

We should add more to that section.  FB run w/ ~15 and purportedly it works
with appropriate write and query pattern.
St.Ack
+
Michael Segel 2013-04-08, 11:17