MapReduce >> mail # user >> ethernet bonding / 802.3ad / link aggregation

+
Koert Kuipers 2012-08-26, 17:47
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-08-26, 17:58
+
Koert Kuipers 2012-08-26, 17:59
Re: ethernet bonding / 802.3ad / link aggregation
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Koert Kuipers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks! I will post results. What is the recommended way to measure it? (I
> am on Centos 5.x)

Use iperf between the hosts that have bonded interface.

> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Mohit Anchlia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Koert Kuipers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> we are looking at channel bonding / link aggregation (2 x 1 Gbit/s) on
>>> our hadoop slaves.
>>> what is the recommended bonding mode? i found some references to mode 4
>>> (802.3ad, hardware based) and to mode 6 (balance-alb, software based) in
>>> hadoop mailing lists.
>>> thanks! koert
>>>

>> I have configured LACP before and seems to be the standard. Do post your
>> results, in general don't expect to see 2 Gbps, you'll probably get around
>> 1.5 Gbps or less depending on hardware vendor.

+
Raj Vishwanathan 2012-08-26, 19:20