Hi Larry,
To be clear. I am restarting the knox service via the ambari UI after I make the changes to the knox configuration in the ambari UI. After restart I am seeing that the above file is NOT updated, hence why I am forced to modify it by hand.

Changes made to “Advanced topology” are correctly written to disk after an update to the config and a subsequent restart of the knox service. It seems to just be the “Advanced knoxsso-topology” that has the issue.

Regards,

Christopher Jackson