Hadoop >> mail # user >> Task log URL is broken

Task log URL is broken
I have two setups at the moment, one local (pseudo-distributed) on my Mac and another, also pseudo-distributed, on a single Tier 3 node.  HDFS works fine, MapReduce runs great.  However, on the remote machine, the task log URL is wrong.  I'm referring to the link *not* on the jobtracker front page, *not* on the job page to pull up the list of map tasks, and *not* on the task list page (all of those work), but rather on the individual task page itself under the "Task Logs" column where it offers the options "Last 4KB", "Last 8KB", and "All".  In all the other cases I just described, the links are by actual ip address and specify port 50030, but for the last link it simply indicates "localhost" and specifies port 50060.

On my Mac, all the links down to the last one *don't* go by ip address, rather they say "localhost:50030" and the last one *is* by ip address, specifying my Mac's actual ip address and port 50060 (which works fine).

So some how, the two machines are behaving exactly opposite.  Where Mac links by localhost, the remote machine links by ip address (and works) and at the bottom of the link tree where the Mac finally switches over and links to a task log by localhost, the remote machine perplexingly switches the other way and attempts to link by ip address (and fails to connect).

Note that if I copy/paste the remote machine's ip address into the task log URL at port 50060, it brings up the task log without further trouble.

Color me confused.

"What I primarily learned in grad school is how much I *don't* know.
Consequently, I left grad school with a higher ignorance to knowledge ratio than
when I entered."
                                           --  Keith Wiley