Accumulo, mail # user - AgeOffFilter + moving data to a different table

Re: AgeOffFilter + moving data to a different table
John Vines 2013-09-04, 17:21
No, the iterator structures, which filters are built on, do not provide a
mechanism for writing to another table. While you could put a writer in
there, it is HIGHLY not recommended because it can potentially cause
deadlocking. You will need an external process to manage writing of old
records to a new table.