HBase >> mail # user >> does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?

+
kaveh minooie 2013-02-22, 19:15
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-02-22, 19:43
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-22, 19:49
Re: does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?
Yeah..Good point JM.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just to add to Mohammad's advices, you should avoid to run ZK on the same
> servers as you are running HBase.
>
> Reason is, if you are running in long GCs, ZK might miss the heartbeats and
> thinks servers are down. So safer to run same separately if you can.
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/22 Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Hello Kaven,
> >
> >       It's not all necessary to run HM on server running DN. Actually
> it's
> > not advisable to do so, as HM has high memory requirements and running
> > other daemons on the same machine may lead you to problems. The basic
> > cluster setup, which people normally use looks somewhat like this :
> >
> >   NN+JT(Hadoop master)
> >   SNN
> >   HM(Hbase master)
> >   DN+TT+RS
> >

> > Warm Regards,
> > Tariq
> > https://mtariq.jux.com/
> > cloudfront.blogspot.com
> >

> > On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 12:45 AM, kaveh minooie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I had a quick question. do I need to be running datanode on the server
> > > that is running hbase master or datanode should be running only on
> > servers
> > > that are running as regionserver?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > --