Hadoop >> mail # user >> setMaxMapAttempts() isn't working

+
Keith Wiley 2010-11-05, 22:55
Re: setMaxMapAttempts() isn't working
I checked cdh3b2.
>From TaskInProgress:
  private void setMaxTaskAttempts() {
    if (isMapTask()) {
      this.maxTaskAttempts = conf.getMaxMapAttempts();
    } else {

It should work.
What hadoop version are you using ?

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Keith Wiley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anyone else observed setMaxMapAttempts() not having any effect?  I'm
> still seeing four attempts per mapper task.

> Keith Wiley               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> www.keithwiley.com
>
> "It's a fine line between meticulous and obsessive-compulsive and a
> slippery
> rope between obsessive-compulsive and debilitatingly slow."
>   -- Keith Wiley

Keith Wiley 2010-12-02, 18:28