Hadoop >> mail # user >> benchmark choices

Re: benchmark choices
I just read the malstone report.  They report times for a Java version that
is many (5x) times slower than for a streaming implementation.  That single
fact indicates that the Java code is so appallingly bad that this is a very
bad benchmark.