Hadoop >> mail # dev >> CHANGES.txt out of sync in the different branches

+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-04-01, 22:53
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-02, 06:46
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-03, 22:02
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-04-11, 07:44
Re: CHANGES.txt out of sync in the different branches
Thanks for taking care of this Sid.

Agree that using jira fix versions would be easier as a way to generate the
changes. It would require some proper handling by the committer. For
example, if something is committed to trunk(3.0.0) and branch-2(2.0.5) it
would have fixedVersion 2.0.5, if later it is backported to a soon to be
release 2.0.4, the fixVersion must be updated to 2.0.4. Another scenario is
when you have different release lines, i.e 1.x and 2.x (or 2.0.x and
2.1.x), then the fixVersion should contain each line version.

Still, IMO, much better than dealing with CHANGES.txt in different branches.

Thanks again

--
Alejandro