HDFS >> mail # dev >> Merging the HA branch to trunk - Wednesday, February 29th

Re: Merging the HA branch to trunk - Wednesday, February 29th
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Aaron T. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Tsz Wo Sze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> - We have not been able to get a stable build on the HA branch since Feb
>> 13.  The builds #93 and #94 both failed earlier today.  In contrast, the
>> today's build for trunk is stable.  It indicates that there are some
>> problems specific to the HA branch.
>>

> Note that the last two builds (#95 and #94) failed because of flaky tests
> - one is tracked by HDFS-3037, the other is TesFileAppend4, which has long
> been flaky. Both of these are also known to be flaky on trunk and other
> branches.

We've now had several consecutive successful test runs of the HA branch on
Jenkins. Todd and I also addressed all of the findbugs and javadoc warnings
on the branch.

>>  - I also agree with Vinod that the email was not clear about voting.  We
>> should put [VOTE] in the subject.
>>

> Agreed. I was going to send out another email shortly to hdfs-dev@.

I've just started another thread with the subject "[VOTE] Merge the HA
branch to trunk tomorrow - March 2nd."

Thanks,
Aaron

--