Pig >> mail # user >> dryrun versus grunt

dryrun versus grunt
I have a script something like

DEFINE udf ..
DEFINE udf2 ..

IMPORT 'macros.pig'

rel = calltomacro('string',$keyparam);
rel2 = calltomacro('string2',$keyparam);
if I run this with pig -p keyparam=testparam --dryrun script.pig
 I get a valid script.pig.expanded created.

but if I run pig -p keyparam=testparam
grunt> run script.pig (or IMPORT 'pig.script';)

it fails with an error 'undefined param $keyparam'
why does this behave differently during --dryrun and inside grunt?

Thanks,
lauren
+
Russell Jurney 2012-10-09, 00:56