Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Contributing Organizations

+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-12-19, 22:41
+
Dave Marion 2012-12-19, 23:30
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-02, 23:42
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-07, 18:07
+
Christopher 2013-01-08, 20:05
+
John Vines 2013-01-08, 20:21
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-08, 20:37
+
Christopher Tubbs 2013-01-08, 22:16
+
dlmarion@... 2013-01-08, 20:26
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-08, 20:32
+
John Vines 2013-01-08, 20:35
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-10, 16:34
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-10, 16:42
Re: Contributing Organizations
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> I can split them out.  I will add a timezone column too.
> >>

> > Let's revisit this timezone thing.  1) Is anyone not in EST?  2) If we
> I like blank meaning unspecified rather than defaulting everyone to
> something unless specified.
>
> > write -5, it will be wrong during daylight savings time.  I doubt anyone
> > will remember to switch them all twice a year.  So, if we must put them,
> > I'd be in favor of using the "ET" abbreviation.  Or we could just note at
> > the top that everyone is -5 / -4 / ET unless otherwise specified.
>
> Let people put whatever they like in that field.  If I set a bad
> precedent, forgive me :)  If you set a better precedent with what you
> put there, I suspect people might follow.   If you update yourself w/
> something more reasonable for east coast + daylight savings time, then
> update me too.

Sounds good.  I might switch all the current -5s to ET to establish a
precedent, but people can feel free to change it to whatever they want.
Actually I'd like to use something fancier like a web service where you
specify your region and it tells you the current time (
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/simpletime.html) but it's probably not worth
spending time on.  :-)

Billie

> > Billie