Accumulo, mail # dev - Drop version part of jar filenames in $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib

Re: Drop version part of jar filenames in $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-06, 22:42
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why do we need the version part of the filename in $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib?
>
> It seems to me that it would be cleaner to unpack the tarball on top
> of an existing $ACCUMULO_HOME/ and overwrite the jars in lib/.

Do we want to encourage unpacking the tarball on top of an existing
installation?  This seems like something that could be error-prone.  I
prefer keeping separate directories for each installation and symlinking
the one I want to use to my standard ACCUMULO_HOME.

Billie