MapReduce >> mail # dev >> How to write test cases for ensuing stream's/socket's closure either in catch block or finally block

Re: How to write test cases for ensuing stream's/socket's closure either in catch block or finally block
Moving hdfs-dev@ and mapreduce-dev@ to Bcc: to avoid cross-postings.

>From what I understand you want to have a test case which demonstrates
that whatever socket/stream connections were opened are properly
closed in case of IOException? I guess one of many possibilities would
be to check if a connection is still open after IOException were
thrown.

For the second part of your (quite open-ended) question: if you make a
modification that might potentially leave unclaimed resources such as
socket connection in case of abnormal control flow then yes - you'd
better have a test case to cover that error recovery is done properly.

--
  Take care,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik