Zookeeper, mail # user - Zoo Keeper - The Beginning

Zoo Keeper - The Beginning
judesolomonc 2013-08-29, 06:46
Hi

I am trying to use zookeeper, theoretically i can understand the
functionality of this frame work. But when it comes to the implementation
part, I am not aware of where to start and how to start. Please confirm on
my understandings or correct me if I am wrong.

Client port - It is the port where the client sends request to the zookeeper
server
server.1=10.44.71.52:4567:4587 - the server in the zookeeper cluster 4567 -
port where the zookeeper communicates when the request is sent, 4587 - the
port where the clustered servers communicates.

This configured server should be an instance of a zookeeper (Built on
zookeeper) ? or it can be any server using NIO listening on the mentioned
port ?

I have started up a zoo keeper server in two ways

1.

NIOServerCnxn.Factory standaloneServerFactory = new
NIOServerCnxn.Factory(new InetSocketAddress(clientPort), numConnections);

standaloneServerFactory.startup(server);

2. using QuorumPeer class

is this the correct way to start a server ? And how to receive a request
sent from the client ? As the connection is created inside the zookeeper,
how to read/see the data sent form the client in the server ?

Can someone help me with a Java code to create a zookeeper service, and
servers and to receive the request from the client and print it in the
server ?

And also for the distributed servers to handle the failover conditions ?

Thanks
Jude Solomon